The Anne Morgan Pavilion :
It was in this pavilion, built in the 17th century, that Anne Morgan stayed in 1917. Anxious to come to the aid of the civilian population of the regions along the front, she had barrack constructed and, with the American volunteers, undertook the reconstruction of the region under the aegis of the American Committee for Devastated France. This went on to last seven years and affected all areas: emergency aid, sanitary aid, regeneration of agriculture, reconstruction, education…
At the end of the war, Anne Morgan bought the castle and set about establishing a Franco-American museum there.
The northern pavilion was transformed into a guesthouse. It is comfortably fitted out: an office and a kitchen in the basement, a living room on the ground floor, bedrooms with a bathroom on the first floor. Anne Morgan was surrounded by this décor when she stayed there during the Second World War to create a new humanitarian organisation: the American Committee for Civilian Relief.
Modelled on a period room, the stage design evokes Anne Morgan, founder of the museum, exceptional philanthropist and figure of Franco-American friendship.